Monday, October 11, 2010

On the Floor

"I was on the floor for you today," she said.

On the floor. In prayer. For me.

Imagine.

Though I made some silly comment and laughed it off, my soul was deeply touched. To think anyone would pray that hard on my behalf moves me, humbles me, fills my heart with gratitude.

Makes me feel extravagantly loved.

Thank you friend. Your words, coupled with your generous, most perfect action soothe my spirit and raise my confidence in our Lord. I glimpse God's love for me through you.

. . . And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19

You help me grasp the love of Christ. My spirit is stirred. My heart is touched.

You model the best way to love.

On the floor.



Photo Credit: jiadoldol

No comments: