Friday, March 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Volume 124)


1) Our entire family ended up at the high school for different events. Miss Innocent One came with Drama Queen and Ladies Man, but when they were ready to go, they weren't sure where she was and left her to ride home with us.

Miss Innocent One: Drama Queen and Ladies Man never got me.

Me: They didn't know where you were. They just left.

Kevin: Sorry, babe, you're stuck with us again.

Miss Innocent One: That's okay. I'd rather ride with you. You're not as crabby.

And the heavens opened and glory filled the sky. We're not as crabby as her siblings? We have redeeming qualities in the eyes of one of our children? I'm riding on this high for a while, people. This hardly ever happens.

2) Ladies Man walked into the kitchen for about the tenth time in two hours. He left some dirty dishes and opened the pantry door again.

Ladies Man: I've been really hungry all day. I don't know why. I've never been full today.

Never been full? ALL DAY?! Should I be scared about this?

3) The door bell rang and Miss Innocent One answered it. After being gone a little while she came into the kitchen carrying the bottom to a spring form pan.

Drama Queen: What is that?!

Miss Innocent One: My friend just brought it back. She was sick last week so I made her a giant cookie.

Drama Queen: She was sick so you gave her something full of sugar and fat?

Miss Innocent One: She was feeling a little better when I gave it to her.

Me: She's crazy about cookies. That's why she made it.

Miss Innocent One: She missed the whole week of school. I wanted to make her feel better.

Drama Queen: You're such a kiss up.

Me: You never do anything nice for your friends?

Drama Queen (with the you-must-be-idiots tone): No.

And I just couldn't resist.

Me: Do you HAVE any friends?

Of course I got the desired result. A huge scowl from Drama Queen and a classic retort.

Drama Queen: RUDE!

4) If it isn't enough that apparently I'm the only person in my house who knows how to change a toilet paper roll, now we have a new problem. For weeks I've noticed a little pile of toilet paper dragging down from the roll in our main floor bathroom which baffled me. I'd roll it back up only to have it reappear each day. I don't have toddlers any more who love unrolling the stuff. I couldn't explain it.


And then one day I saw it with my own eyes. I went in the bathroom to talk with Drama Queen as she straightened her hair. Notice the straightener on the counter above the toilet paper? See where the cord rests? Every time she picks up the straightener, the cord unrolls the toilet paper! I was so proud of myself for about 30 seconds, until I realized she knew this was happening and never bothered to move the stinkin' cord! EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Grrrr . . .

Who knew toilet paper could be so frustrating?

5) The quote of the week comes from Kevin as he uttered this in frustration to Ladies Man:

Don't fart at me when I'm trying to talk to you!

6) I'm not sure, but I may have gone backwards in my quest to never be an episode of Hoarders. I stuffed an empty shoe box into my newly beautiful mother-of-all-closets just to get it out of the way. Is this the beginning of a down hill slide?

7) We've got a full weekend planned. Tomorrow morning is a dress rehearsal for the Beatrice Regional Orchestra I play in and Kevin conducts. Tomorrow night our school hosts a Winter Guard and Drum Line Show. Sunday we have church, the Orchestra concert and a baby shower for my niece. On Sunday evening I'm pretty sure the couch will be calling my name . Oh, and maybe you shouldn't expect anything too exciting for Monday's post either. Just saying.

I hope you have a great weekend planned too, friends. Start it off right by reading more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

Kathleen@so much to say said...

As always, I love reading about your family.

Next week: I expect a hoarders progress report! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm LOL at #5, :)

Monkey-Farmer-38 said...

Ha,ha. Oh how we miss your family. I'm sure there is not a boring moment in the Boesiger household. Give everyone hugs from us. Miss you guys.