Thursday, March 10, 2011

Healing Words


He blows me away with snippets from the mouths of His children, words which settle deep, validate, overwhelm, words that say what I do matters, who I am is enough, words that confirm His love.

Thank you.
You're a treasure.
I enjoy having you in my life.
God used you in an awesome way.
You looked fabulous.
You would be good at this.
I missed you.
Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.
You touched me.
You are such an encouragement.
You are my forever friend.
I love you.


Words heal. They soothe. They last. And when we take the time to say them, we love. Their power in my life urges me to love the same way. What do others need to hear? How can I shower healing by opening my mouth? The effort, the risk in uttering sincere thoughts is worth it to help another stand taller and understand their value, to realize how God uses them.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

Proverbs 25:11

Our words can be a treasure. May God give us the courage to use them.

Who needs your healing words today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your words this morning Tami. :) Just what I needed to hear. What keeps me from speaking words that heal instead of words that cut and kill? Good thoughts...

Jana Banana said...

Ah, another great post. :) Thanks for sharing thoughts and reminding us of the power of words.

I don't know about you, but words are one of my main love languages and I so value what people say to me.

It's interesting how God can just show up in what others say, and it's always perfectly timed. That extra boost, a virtual hug, a nod that you're headed in the right direction. Love it.

Keep giving us your words--God uses your language and gift of word choice to lift up others.