As I'm sure you've gathered by now, Kevin and I had a WONDERFUL time on our anniversary cruise. SO AWESOME! We'll be "feeling the love" from this trip for a long time.
1) Neither of us have ever been on a cruise before and weren't sure what to expect. We were pleased with our room.
The best suggestion anyone gave us was to spring for the balcony room (Perfect call, Mark and Rachelle--THANKS!) and we loved it.
2) Our first port was Key West, where we enjoyed a bicycle tour of the island.
We saw Ernest Hemingway's house, Truman's Little White House and got a picture at the southernmost point of the United States.
We ended our time there with a slice of key lime pie, of course, and a little shopping.
3) Tuesday was our first full day at sea and we took advantage of having nothing to do by laying out on the deck, snoozing in the sun. We were only out there maybe an hour and a half tops, but as the day wore on, Kevin got redder and redder and redder. The poor guy got fried, as evidenced by this picture taken that night, our first formal dinner evening.
Come Saturday he started to peel and we're talking MAJOR peel. It started on his back, moved to his shoulders, his arms, his chest, his stomach. Think lizard shedding his skin and you've got a better idea. He's STILL at it and it's been over a week! Needless to say, he smothered himself in sunscreen and wore a shirt whenever we were out in the sun for the rest of the week!
4) Grand Cayman on Wednesday brought our parasailing adventure.
Grand Cayman is also known for its clear blue water and white sand at Seven Mile Beach.
The weather was picture perfect while we were there. Doesn't it make you want to sigh?
5) In Jamaica we climbed Dunn's River Falls which was a complete blast. Here's a clip of what it looks like. I don't know what happened to the sound on this clip, but this gives you an idea. If you look closely through the trees at the bottom of the falls, you'll see where people are entering.
We would stop along the way for photo opps. This was my favorite.
I couldn't end the clip where I wanted to. I love this shot. Too bad it's blurry.
After conquering the Falls, we boarded the Sky Explorer for a trek above and through the rain forest.
Talk about spectacular views!
Here's our ship--Carnival Freedom.
6) Friday was another at sea day. We slept in, watched movies, ordered room service and ate lunch on our balcony. After lunch we tried a disco dance class. Think John Travolta and Saturday night fever. I'm pretty sure Kevin did this just to humor me which made it so funny when the instructor called him to the front of the stage to help the rest of us when she decided we were ready to do the dance on our own. People were filing into the theater for the next event and there he was leading the pack. The next day when we got to the airport, a guy in front of us turned around and said, "Hey, it's Mr. Disco!"
It was amazing to us that on a ship of 3000 passengers and another thousand workers, we were still able to find private areas outside of our room. On our last night at sea we found a peaceful spot on the front deck of the ship and watched the sun go down.
7) It was a SUPERB getaway. One we will always treasure. But the best part? I come home and LIVE with this guy.
Love you babe! So much. Thanks for a fantastic time.
And there you have it, the Glorious 25th Anniversary Extravaganza in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed it. See what happened in other people's lives by checking out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.