Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Prayer for a Calm and Divine Soul


Abide in me; o'ershadow by Thy love.
Each half-formed purpose and dark thought of sin;
Quench, ere it rise, each selfish, low desire,
And keep my soul as Thine, calm and divine.

Harriet Beecher Stowe


To have a soul calm and divine . . . if only I could get there. Is mine not so because of my selfish, low desires? Do I struggle because of my half-formed purposes? Does my sin prevent my soul from entering the calm, the divine?

Abide in me too, Lord. Overshadow my human weakness with Your love. Make me. Mold me.

Give me a soul, calm and divine.



Photo Credit: sarniebill1

1 comment:

Marsha Young said...

Tami,
What a good thought for my day today, and tomorrow and every day, actually. But especially today - as today is moving day for us, and we are in the middle of a complete mess. :)

So, I'll try to focus on a calm and divine soul, while all around me is chaos. Thank you - blessings to you - Marsha