1) I like having older kids with their advanced sense of humor. This week Miss Innocent One cracked me (and herself) up with this ironic observation.
Miss Innocent One (laughing): Yeah, I downloaded a fitness app on my ipod while eating a Little Debbie cake.
2) (All of my beloved children are gonna love this one!)
It's long been a family rule at our house that if you get food on yourself three times in any one meal, you get covered with a garbage bag. Technically, Kevin only dropped one thing, but it splattered, so the kids took the opportunity to institute the rule on its originator.
3) You may be able to blame it on the new lunch program guidelines, but I'm hoping I'm having a positive effect on my kids' eating habits. It's very satisfying that they are understanding the implications about what they put in their mouths. The other day, as Ladies Man inhaled his lunch, he actually noticed what he was eating.
Ladies Man: We are eating a ton of carbs here. It's like carb city and I don't even care. (Reaching for the last dinner roll) Can I have the last carb bar? That's what I'm going to call them now. Carb bars.
I would thank Michelle Obama, except for the fact that though he recognized it, it did nothing to change what he was eating. Let's assume awareness is the first step, I guess.
4) After last week's chocolate cheesecake debacle, I would like it noted that I DO possess a modicum of self-control. This humongous bag of M & Ms has been sitting on my kitchen counter all WEEK and I haven't had a single piece, not one tiny little morsel of chocolately goodness. Yay me!
Me: If I had to make that decision, I don't think I would have jumped. I would have hoped the smoke inhalation would get to me first and I'd pass out.
Miss Innocent: I wouldn't have jumped either because think of all the people who would witness your death. That would be terrible for them.
Always thinking of someone else. She's a sensitive soul, my daughter. How I love that about you, babe. You make us all want to be better.
6) Speaking of Miss Innocent One, yesterday was a big day for her as she got her braces off.
Hope your weekend is full of your favorite people too. Enjoy and catch more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.