Thursday, September 13, 2012

To Be a Butterfly

It just floated in front of us.

We were walking and talking, and this butterfly just floated by. No hurry, no frantic fluttering. It floated, so slowly it caught my eye. Calmly. Serenely. Its pace suggesting it was content, joyful, at ease.

And it was beautiful.

I wanted to watch it and soak in its tranquility, but it floated out of view before I got my fix. Something in me felt jealous. Of a butterfly.

I crave that kind of satisfaction and grace. I don't float. I plod. And sometimes kick and scream. Could I too be a butterfly if I were truly content? Could I catch the eye of passersby with my peaceful presence? Is there a way to capture that spirit, to own a carefree attitude?

Could I display that kind of beauty?

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Psalm 37:5-6
His reminders are everywhere, even in a ten second encounter with a butterfly.


Find other Thankful Thursday posts at Grace Alone.



Photo Credit: steveburt1947

No comments: