Monday, September 10, 2012

The Way to Build Faith

Trust Me. There's a plan.

That's what God tells me at 3:AM when anxiety chases sleep away.

Trust Me. There's a plan.

And then He says I have a choice. Will I listen? Will I believe? Or will I fret and worry?

At 3:AM it doesn't seem like a choice. It's a chore. It's tough to shut your brain off, hard to ignore the warning flags and regrets and fear. And yet He's insistent.

Trust Me. There's a plan.

My body can't catch up with what my brain knows is right, so I need to change my thought pattern. I've got to FOCUS on what is true.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed . . . Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead--since he was about a hundred years old--and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why it was credited to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:18-23
Like Abraham, I choose to believe God. I choose to hope against all hope. I choose to wait for His divine plan to unfold.

I choose to exercise FAITH.

Because what is faith if it isn't believing God has a plan? It takes no faith to believe a sure thing, but great faith to let an eternal God with no time constraints dictate the future.

Trust Me. There's a plan.

I believe it. I hope for it. I wait for it. I expect it.

I exercise, I work out, I strengthen my faith.

Is God strengthening your faith by making you trust Him with something difficult?



Photo Credit: jlwo

No comments: