Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Have to Hope


I look at it and don't see how it will work out. I pray about it, all the time, and have for years, yet things don't seem to change.

But You whisper, "Trust Me."

There's much to be thankful for and I am, but the issue persists. It's not a life and death situation, but it's close to my heart and I want better. But it doesn't come.

You say, "There's a plan. Hang on."

TRUST Me.

You leave me with a choice.

I can lay awake at night and worry and rack my brain for a solution I won't come up with or I can trust You, choose to leave it in Your hands.

Easier said than done.

But the more times I have to do it, the stronger my resolve grows. I WILL believe You, because I have to. If I don't trust, beyond all I can see, that You'll take care of it, I have no hope and then what am I left with?

Fear.

Worry.

Anxiety.

But WITH You?

The possibility of hope and peace.

That is what faith is, isn't it, believing what we cannot see? Isn't this what Abraham is commended for?

Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb.

Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous.

Romans 4:18-22

We can have that same faith, friends, but it comes at a price. We'll have to deliberately choose to trust His way of handling it, though it may not be the way we like and take far longer than is comfortable. We have to trust God above all else, no matter what, even with our hardest problems, our toughest challenges. We have to.

What is the alternative?

Without blind, child-like faith, there is no hope, is there? And who can live without hope? Who can get up each morning without the possibility of better, without thinking of what a new day may bring?

I choose to believe God's got it handled.

I choose hope.



Photo Credit: cobalt123

No comments: