Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Misconceptions



"It is insufficient to proclaim that the Church of God has a mission in the world. Rather, the God of mission has a Church." ~ Tim Dearborn


God has spent my entire lifetime teaching me I am not all that. This quote is yet another reminder.

Mission work of any kind is not about what I can do for God. It's about letting God use me for His purposes, whatever, wherever they may be.

Missions are not the well-laid plans of men, but an extension, an outpouring of who we are in Christ.

Being involved in mission work is not optional.

I don't need any special skills to be involved in missions, only a willing heart.

The point is not to show others to Christ, it is to BE Christ to them.



Thanks to Laurel Wreath for hosting this week!

7 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Hi Tami, thanks for stopping by my post. The answer to your question is "No." Obviously, the church is not a building, it is a group of people with Christ as the head. If that doesn't clear it up, come back and let me know what is confusing you.

I like your post and agree with you. Very simple and to the point. "Missions are not optional."

Denise said...

I enjoyed your post, blessings to you always.

Miriam Pauline said...

"The point is to BE Christ for them." Perfectly stated. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Cyndi said...

"Mission work is not optional." Amen. I enjoyed reading your thoughts!

Amydeanne said...

hehe.. I'm laughing at the opening.. I'm not all that... ohhhh how true that is, and what a reminder we all need!

Anonymous said...

Such a simple truth you shared so simply! THANK YOU!

Bonnie W said...

Beautiful, simple and well said!
Bonnie