Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Learning to Fight


Hormones kick in and my resistance is low. I entertain thoughts from the Enemy.

"You aren't what you should be. It doesn't matter what you do. Nobody cares."

I brood and mumble under my breath and do my best to push through, but do I fight? Do I claim my birth right in God's name and stand tall or do I cower, just getting by?

"Under the banner of God, victory is always assured; but apart from it, defeat is a certainty. When the banner of God's rod was not held high, Amalek prevailed.
You can't do battle against the flesh under your own power."

~ Kay Arthur ~
Lord, I Want to Know


Could I fight merely by uttering His name?


Visit Loni for more thoughts on this quote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Blessings on you as you continue to utter His name...

Anonymous said...

Fight On!

Mrs. Pharris said...

Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.........

you're right. Honey, when you say, "Jesus", you've said a mouthful!!

Kara Bird said...

What a good way to think of it Tami. How many times a day do I give up without even fighting? A LOT. Thanks for being honest.