Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Prayer


Lord, I feel weary, not tired, weary. My head is spinning with everything that needs to be done. There are phone calls I should make and a living room to paint and a birthday party to plan and laundry to do and appointments to be set up and an open house to get ready for and a script to finish and homework to help with and Bible study preparations and blog posts to work on and a family to feed and cleaning and. . .why is my spirit so uneasy this morning? It is still and quiet. I even got up extra early today, but the stillness does not soothe me. I need Your peace.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.

Keep talking, Lord.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

That's what I'm trying to do, Lord.

. . .let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus. . .

Okay. . .I'm listening.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Mmm. . .thank You, Lord. One thing at a time. Guide me through this day. I love You.


Visit Sting My Heart to read other Thankful Thursday posts.

10 comments:

Hopeful Spirit said...

Beautiful. Captures how so many of us feeling at different times.

Andie said...

Were you watching me this morning? This is exactly what I've needed...for about a month! Thank you!!! May I please put a link to this on my blog?
Blessings-Andie

Denise said...

What a blessing this post is, I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, one thing at a time. God is good to us. thank you for your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Tami,

I get like this often. Was just there two weeks ago.

Philippians 4:13. I say it aloud. It is awesome in its power. Blessings!

kpjara said...

Really encouraging...thank you!

Terri said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for those verses. They spoke to me.

Kara Bird said...

It's interesting, God has been whispering those last two verses to me a lot this week also. Especially to "fix my eyes on Jesus." It's easy to become overwhelmed. Thank you for another reminder to focus on the truth. Love you Tami!

Anonymous said...

That spoke to my heart. Thanks,

Mary said...

That's me this week. So much to do, I don't even know where to start. Thanks for the encouragement. Blessings on your weekend.