Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Whatever it Takes



She knew what she was doing when she prayed the prayer. Her tears revealed her fear, but she said it anyway. She needed help.

"Lord, make me humble. . .whatever it takes."

And God answered her prayer.

Her husband's arms couldn't take away the pain.

Tears were a release, but she hated that they came so easily.

Encouraging words spurred her on, but they didn't heal the hurt.

After many months she heard herself tell a friend, "I'm so tired of feeling alone."

"No matter how many good friends I had, there were aspects of my life I needed to deal with alone - heart issues and attitudes that could not be wrestled with in a Bible study...They had to be confronted by the Holy Spirit in the privacy of my own soul."

from "A Glimpse of Grace" by Mary Forsythe (with Beth Clark)


She could take comfort in one thing: God was at work. She would come out better on the other side. It would be worth it in the end. He was making something of her and for that she was truly thankful.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord; may your love and your truth always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The Lord be exalted!"

Psalm 40:1-3, 11-13, 16




For more In "Other" Words, visit Michelle at Because I Love You.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully blessed words spoken here today. Thank you for joining in. I love what you wrote. Sometimes life just hurts and it is the walking through it with God that brings us truth, healing and love... God and God alone... Blessings.

Shari said...

I found it very interesting how you wrote about another woman and included quotes. It was like it was a short piece of a fictional book that you wrote to inspire others. Very creative.

Miriam Pauline said...

You always bless me with your perspective. Thank you!

Denise said...

This was a really nice post, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your writing is always so powerful to me. It speaks volumes. I also loved your choice of the Psalm, too. So appropriate for this quote!!

Susan said...

Thanks once again Tami...

You always reach deep down inside and touch so many♥

Brenda said...

Sometimes we have to take comfort in knowing God is at work. That is what really matters.