Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Balm of Truth

I've had a rough week feeling lousy about myself.

I know I'm not the only one to struggle with this. On the days you feel less than you want to be, I see it in your eyes. The sparkle is gone. You cross your arms. You speak less. You take more notice of women around you. Your lips do not open when you smile. You hide a little bit.

And you wish you were more.

In the moment we determine ourselves lacking, what does God think? What does He see? If He chose to audibly speak to us, what would He say?

I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again. . .

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.*


We don't have to understand.

We are only to believe it.



*God's Truth from Jeremiah 31:3-4, Matthew 11:28, Zephaniah 3:17

4 comments:

Linda said...

We are treasures of God. Why do we let the comparisons and lies take hold? Thanks for the collection of truth we can use to rememeber.

You are a treasure!

norma mercer said...

Thanks, Tami, you have no idea how your blogs come at just the RIGHT TIME for so many people---especially ME.

Jaime Kubik said...

All of us women should band together - we all compare and for what? It's that nasty little devil getting into our heads. Thank you for reminding us to seek the truth!

Susan said...

Thanks Tami, just wanted I needed today♥