Monday, August 30, 2010

To Be More Like Mary


When God asked her to do the unthinkable, Mary asked a logistical question, then said, "I am Your servant."

She lived through the gossip, the scorn, the humiliation, the doubt and did what God asked, fulfilling His call. Literally seeing the fruit of her labor and receiving confirmation from others, she looked at how God used her sacrifice and pondered. No questions. No explanations. No words at all.

Only pondering.

She let God have His way, treasuring it in her heart.

How I want to be more like her. God asks me to do something hard and I beg for help. I look to others for validation. I worry my sacrifice is not good enough. Instead I should be a servant and do the work. I should watch for how God uses it.

And ponder.



Photo Credit: Sunfrog1

1 comment:

Jaime Kubik said...

Me too! I want to be more like this!! Awesome post!