Monday, October 18, 2010

Just Come


I seek God for inspiration, for perfect words, for opportunities, for ideas that will resonate with others.

I take my burdens, my concerns, my dreams and place them before Him, asking for His favor.

I speak the names of people I love, beseeching His blessing on their lives, begging Him to make Himself real to them, requesting divine intervention.

I ask for wisdom and clarity and strength and courage. I implore Him to make me more than I am.

When I am finished I listen and His words break my heart.

Why don't you just come?

Without questions. Without needing anything. Aren't I enough? Rest in Me. Sit with Me. It's true I'm here for you and want you to lay your burdens before Me, but sometimes all you need is to rest in My presence.

Just come.

Let Me soothe your spirit, still your anxious mind.

. . . you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed . . .*

. . . Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.**

Just come.




*Luke 10:41-42
**Mark 6:31

Photo Credit: Uncle Paul the bird man: Off till further notice

No comments: