Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Prayer for You

Maybe I'm weird (shh, don't say it), but I constantly find myself wondering what's going on in the heads of people. As I watch those around me, I ask God what's knocking around in their minds. I concentrate on their eyes and see people in pain, struggling with their health, their marriages, their job situation. I see humans seeking respite from their problems. It makes me think of my favorite verse of Away in the Manger and I tailor it into a prayer.

Be near them, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by them forever and love them I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven to live with Thee there.

That is my prayer for you today friend. May God be near. May He stay close forever. May you sense His love.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love it!! When my babies were little I would sing Away in the Manger as a lullaby.